Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Natural Hair Kids: Two Strand Twist with Locs!

My girls have been wearing their hair in locs for almost  a year now.  I am just now at the point with my 9yr old where I am exploring different styles and looks for when I wash and re-twist. I am so not a hair person at all. Hence why I always end up cutting mine in a low wash and go or wearing a headcovering. But with my 9yr old coming into herself and her own ideas about beauty and fashion and I  am forced to get on the natural hair style bandwagon. I honestly forgot where I first saw this look but what I did was re-twist her new-growth and then took two of the locs and twisted them together into a two strand twist just like you would with unlocked hair. It came out better than I ever could have imagined. And she loved it. Who knows what she is going to request next. Mama is going to be a full blown loctician stylist when its all said and done. 












4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Lord knows I am trying. lol! Its kinda like I spent my whole life being a tomboy so God blessed me with a Girly Girl.

      Delete
  2. You did a great job! I have a head full of hair and wish I could cut it all off I just wear a ponytail all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This style is adorable. My daughter, also a natural 9 year old, will love this!

    ReplyDelete